Combined Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum moderators and moving posts.

Go down

Forum moderators and moving posts. Empty Forum moderators and moving posts.

Post by Guest 2011-02-26, 9:12 pm

Ok well since I didn't find any section for general talk about the forums than I decided that it was most right to put it here.

This thread is pretty much about 2 things that should be added to the server.

Well first of all are forum moderators. Just as regular admins on servers, these are just as equally important for keeping the forums clean.
What forum moderators would have to do is: hide posts, lock posts, make good posts a sticky (if regular people can already do that there is no need) and ban people from the forums. More things could be added but these were on the top of my head.
I think currently only forum moderator is clock. We need more and I would like to suggest 3 things:

1) People can pay for forum moderator. Now this doesn't sound so apealing to pay for but it could just be added to the benefits of one of the existing payment options.

2) Chosen and trusted people would get to be forum moderators. Sniper kitty or any other of the clan leaders would vote for or choose some hand picked people to be forum moderators just as they did with the original staff team.

3) Staff members get forum moderator. Since the number of staff members in this clan is quite large than if you would give all of them forum moderator than they should be able to keep the forums clean. If you think it's to much than you could give forum moderator to staff members in their spesified fields (badger in the ze forum, me in the jb forum ect.) and give the high ranked staff global forum moderator.

Second topic I would like to get on is moving posts.

Moving posts would be something that forum moderators could do or even regular players if they realise they posted in the wrong section of the forums (although you could just delete it and repost in the right section).
What it means is pretty much the ability to move posts to the place they belong in. This would reduce spam from both players who post in the wrong section and the people who than come and tell them it's in the wrong section.
Why I suggest this is becouse I've already seen a couple of people posting in the wrong forum and than clock turning up, not very happy and telling them it's in the wrong section.
So if it's already happenning with so few people registered than what will happen if this clan will be a huge succes and will have 1000+ people using the forums.

Back to top Go down

Forum moderators and moving posts. Empty Re: Forum moderators and moving posts.

Post by Guest 2011-02-26, 9:24 pm

To be honest, I don't think there really needs to be any Moderators here for me and Clock are both admins. If someone wants to be a Moderator, I think they should pay a small fee per month or be active enough to show that maybe he/she can be mod.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-02-27, 1:33 am

City 11 is the general; talk section

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-02-27, 9:39 am

Everyone just feels they can post w.e they feel in w.e they want. It's quite sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-02-27, 9:51 am

Well honestly if it has anything to do with the subject it should be ok to post it in that section.

I now realise I should had posted it in Dr. Breen's office but this can easelly be here too. Also the names of the forum sections are quite confusing.

This is why I would suggest people to have ability to move they're threads.
(talked about it a lot in my first post)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-02-27, 8:01 pm

In my opinion, I think we should just have General Discussion and Serious Discussion to make things a lot easier to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down